The HEPA-CARE ® HC500FD Air Purification System from Abatement Technologies® can be used to convert a patient room into a CDC and CSA -compliant negative pressure isolation room. The HC500FD floor model is equipped with an H14 HEPA filter tested and certified to capture at least 99.99% of microscopic particles 0.3 microns in size. Depending on the configuration, these economical units can generally provide 12 or more ACH in rooms as large as 2,500 to 3,000 cubic feet when used in the negative-pressure mode.
When not in use for negative pressure patient isolation, the versatile HC500FD can function as a recirculating HEPA air cleaner, reducing airborne pathogen counts in high-risk areas such as ER waiting rooms and treatment areas.
Air laden with deadly, infectious airborne pathogens is pulled through two filter stages:
A 2" particulate pre-filter treated with microbial growth inhibitor (standard)
A pharmaceutical-grade HEPA filter with silicone-gel seal and anodized aluminum frame
Remove Odors and Gases With a VAPOR-LOCK® Carbon Filter
Optional VAPOR-LOCK carbon pre-filters are available for the HC800FD or HC800FDUV, to remove airborne gas phase contaminants and odors from the air. These filters are used in place of the standard particulate pre-filter.
Clean and Sterilize the Air with Optional Germicidal UV Disinfection
The HC500FDUV includes four ultraviolet germicidal irradiation UVGI lamps that emit germicidal ultraviolet light to inhibit the growth of bacteria and viruses. These lamps irradiate the filtered air before it is exhausted to an external environment or recirculated within the facility. UVGI lamps must be factory installed at the time of order.
With thousands of units in service, the state-of-the-art HEPA-CARE® series filtration systems create an unmatched record of reliable performance operating 24/7/365. The new HC500 models feature:
- Portability - Narrow, upright design with two smooth-rolling fixed casters and two swivel casters with foot brakes make it easy to deploy
- Powerful Airflow - Energy-efficient motorized impeller rated for 100,000 hours of maintenance-free operation
- Unique Zero-Bypass Dual Cabinet Design - Added assurance that contaminated air can't bypass the HEPA filter
- Durable Cabinet - powder-coated aluminum and advanced assembly techniques create a refined look and are easy to decontaminate and maintain
- Safety Certification - Certified as a Class II Medical Devices under FDA 510K and NRTL certified to conform with relevant UL and CSA safety standards
- Control Panel - Intuitive digital touch screen
- Export Version - A 230 volt/50-60 Hz model is available for overseas customers
Long-Life HEPA Filter with Strong Aluminum Frame
Each pharmaceutical-grade HEPA filter from Abatement Technologies is individually tested and certified in accordance with the Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology IEST-RP-CC001 to provide minimum filtration efficiency of 99.99% against a 0.3 micron challenge aerosol. The high-performance HEPA filter is mounted within a strong anodized aluminum frame that will not warp or support microbial growth.
Silicone-Gel Seal Protects Against Contaminated Air Bypass
A downward-facing flange imbeds into a silicone-gel seal creating a channel that forces air through the HEPA filter and protects against the risk of contaminated air bypassing the filter.
Hinged Door for Rapid Filter Replacement
Hinged, front door secures with two Phillips machine screws and provides quick access to both the HEPA filter and the 2” particulate pre-filter for replacement or maintenance.
Integrated digital touchscreen
High-visibility, color LCD touch screen controls. Intuitive, menu-driven screens are accessed after opening the Password Entry Screen:
- Digital 3.25" LCD touch screen
- Password protection
- Five airflow settings
- Menu-driven display for monitoring various operating parameters
- Increased reliability Green ‘Unit On’ indicator that illuminates when the unit is powered
- Yellow ‘Warning" Change Pre-Filter’ indicator that illuminates when the pre-filter and/or HEPA filter are approaching the load limit
- Red ‘Change HEPA Filter’ indicator that illuminates when the HEPA is loaded
- LCD display for status indication, setup, and operating modes
- Modular design for ease of service
Airflow*: Five airflow settings: 150-475 cfm
Net Weight with Filters: 56 pounds
Shipping Weight: 71 pounds
Dimensions (W x D x H): 21.125" W x 20.375"D x 31.5"H
Motorized Impeller: 1 each 225 mm EC motorized impellers
Motor Speed: 5 motor speed settings
Power Supply Requirements: 120VAC, 60Hz, 15 A
Energy Efficient: Operates at 125 watts or less
Electrical Safety: Certified as Class II Medical Devices under FDA 510K, and certified by an OSHA-accredited Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL), to comply with relevant UL and CSA safety standards
Control Panel: Intuitive, menu-driven, 3.25" LCD touchscreen display with password protection
Durable Cabinet: Powder-coated aluminum easy to decontaminate and maintain
Built-in Casters: Four easy-rolling casters with foot brakes
Easy to Replace Filters: Hinged filter access door secured by 2 Phillips machine screws
- Pre-filter - 2" particulate pre-filter treated with an EPA-registered microbial growth inhibitor to protect against filter degradation (MERV 8)
- Optional pre-filter - VAPOR-LOCK® carbon pre-filter removes low concentrations of gasses and odors
- Pharmaceutical-grade HEPA Filter - Individually tested and certified in accordance with the Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology IEST-RP-CC007 to provide minimum filtration efficiency of 99.995% against a 0.3-micron challenge aerosol. High-quality, anodized aluminum frame does not support microbial growth; secure silicone gel seal to protect against contaminated air bypass
Hospital-Grade Plug: 10' 14/3 AWG SJT with 15 amp/120 volt AC white power cord with grounded plug
Two Exhaust-Air Outlets: Top and rear air outlet grills with optional 8" slide-in exhaust collar. One solid exhaust cover plate included