Mobile In-Room Air Purification System, with HEPA Filtration and Germicidal UV Disinfection, Converts any Room into a Negative Pressure Isolation Room
Abatement Technologies compact HEPA-CARE HC600FUV High Efficiency Air Purification System, with germicidal UV disinfection, is used to convert patient rooms into CDC-compliant negative pressure isolation rooms. This versatile system can also be operated as a continuous recirculating air purifier, to reduce potential exposure of patients and staff in high risk areas such as ER waiting and treatment areas, by lowering airborne pathogen counts.
The 63 pound HC600FUV Patient Isolation System can typically maintain 12 air changes per hour (ACH) or more in rooms as large as 2,500-3,000 cubic feet. Hospital-grade, swivel casters make the unit highly mobile so that it can be rolled quickly to anywhere in the facility. Equipped with a Type A HEPA filter tested and certified to capture at least 99.99% of microscopic particles 0.3 microns in size, and a built-in germicidal UV lamp to irradiate and kill dangerous pathogens, the HC600FUV combines multiple air purification technologies in one exceptionally portable model.
“Dirty” air laden with potentially infectious airborne organisms and harmful microscopic particles is first pulled through two filter stages:
- A 2” particulate pre-filter treated with microbial growth inhibitor (standard)
- A pharmaceutical-grade HEPA filter with closed-cell neoprene gasket seal
UVGI Lamp Technology Sterilizes the Air
The air must also pass in close proximity to a high output UVGI disinfection lamp built into the HC600FUV HEPA filter that irradiates and destroys airborne virus and bacteria droplets, fungal spores and other micro-organisms. A safety interlock switch cuts off the lamp automatically when the filter access door is opened.
Optional VAPOR-LOCK® Carbon Filters Remove Odors and Gases
The HEPA-CARE HC600FUV Air Purification System can also be equipped with an optional VAPOR-LOCK high-capacity, activated carbon or carbon blend filter to remove odors and gases. The VAPOR-LOCK filter replaces the standard 2” particulate pre-filter and must be ordered separately. Learn more about eliminating odors, vapors and VOCs from the air using VAPOR-LOCK high-capacity activated carbon and carbon blend filters.
Advanced engineering features of the HC600FUV include:
- Highly Portable - Narrow, upright cabinet mounted on four, built-in smooth-rolling swivel casters with two front foot brakes provide superior mobility and use in tight spaces
- Powerful Airflow - Energy-efficient motorized impeller rated for 100,000 hours of maintenance-free operation
- Unique Zero-Bypass Dual Cabinet Design - Added assurance that contaminated air can’t bypass the HEPA filter
- Aircraft-Type Powder-Coated Aluminum Cabinet - Durable .050” aircraft aluminum powder-coated white creates a professional-looking “hospital” appearance and is easy to decontaminate and maintain
- Safety Certification - Certified as a Class II Medical Devices under FDA 510K and NRTL certified to conform with relevant UL and CSA safety standards
- User-Friendly Controls - Microprocessor-based, password protected, touch pad controls.
- Export Version - 230 volt/50-60 Hz HC600FUVTF model is available for overseas customers
Internally Mounted UVGI Germicidal Lamp
Powerful 39-watt UVGI lamp built-in to the HEPA filter irradiates and destroys harmful pathogens to sterilize the air as it is pulled through the HC600FUV.
High-Efficiency HEPA Filter
Abatement Technologies high-efficiency HEPA filters are individually tested and certified in accordance with Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology IEST-RP-CC001.3 to provide minimum filtration efficiency of 99.99% against a 0.3 micron challenge aerosol. A strong anodized aluminum frame prevents warpage and will not support microbial growth. The unique closed-cell neoprene gasket provides a more secure seal than other designs to help prevent the bypass of contaminated air.
Quiet In-Room Operation
The powerful HC600FUV operates quietly in the background (52 dBA to 58 dBA @ 5’) purifying and sterilizing the air in patient rooms or other public spaces in hospitals and healthcare facilities. (HC600FUV shown in negative pressure mode exhausting HEPA-filtered air directly outdoors through the rear outlet grill and window.) View all versatile modes of operation and exhaust options.
Hinged Pre-Filter Access Door for Rapid Replacement
Hinged front door provides easy access to the 2” particulate pre-filter for replacement.
Convert virtually any room
Weighing only 63 pounds, HC600FUV in-room patient air purification system, with built-in UV-C lamp, rolls quickly to convert virtually any room into a CDC-compliant negative pressure isolation room. The unit can also operate in continuous air cleaning and recirculation mode irradiating and sterilizing the air 24/7. (HC600FUV shown exhausting HEPA-filtered air through the top grill outlet manifold.) View all versatile modes of operation and exhaust options.
Slide-In Top Grill Manifold
Optional slide-in top grill manifold provides air exhaust through the top of the unit.
Flex Duct Locking Clamp
Optional 8” slide-in locking clamp shown connecting flex duct to the optional top grill outlet manifold (H2235-08).
Electronic Touch Pad Controls
High-visibility, color LCD touch pad make the HC600FUV easy to use and control. Microprocessor-based electronics provide secure password protection and many user-friendly features including:
- Digital 4 x 20 LCD readout with backlit, alphanumeric color display
- Password protection
- Five airflow settings
- Menu-driven display for monitoring various operating parameters
- Increased reliability Green ‘Unit On’ LED that illuminates when the unit is powered
- Red ‘Change Pre-Filter’ LED that illuminates when the pre-filter is loaded
- Red ‘Change HEPA Filter’ LED that illuminates when the
HEPA is loaded
- Backlit alpha-numeric display for status indication, setup and operating modes
- Modular design for ease of service
All Abatement HEPA-CARE units have been tested by a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) and carry the marks certifying that they comply with applicable OSHA, UL and CSA electrical safety standards. Filters meet UL900 flammability standards. Learn more about the importance of product safety certification in the Learning Center.