The VL2002 is the optional OEM MERV 6 replacement pleated vapor-lock carbon filter for Abatement Technologies, Inc.'s PAS2400 portable air scrubber. The actual size of the VL2002 air filter is approximately 18 x 24 x 2.
The VL2002 air filter has woven activated carbon media for absorption of gases and odors. The VL2002 is used to reduce airborne odors, vapors or gases (OVG), including volatile organic compounds by chemically bonding the OVG molecules to the surface area of the carbon granules, via a process known as adsorption. The VL2002 MERV 6 carbon filter also provides a similar level of particulate filtration efficiency to the H1902 pre-filter and can be used in place of or in addition to almost any 18 x 24 x 2 pre-filter.
Manufacturer recommended replacement schedule for the VL2002 carbon filter when being used as a 2nd stage filter:
- Use filter indicator light to determine needs
- High Particulate - estimate 72 hours
- Medium Particulate - 3 x/ month
- Low particulate - 1 x/ month or when filter light goes on
Manufacturer recommended replacement schedule for the VL2002 carbon filter when being used as a 3rd stage carbon filter:
- The method of determining when to replace the activated carbon filter is somewhat subjective. As the odor, vapor, and/or gas filtration capacity decreases, the user will begin to sense a slight odor or taste of the contaminant, indicating that the filter should be replaced.
For instructions on how to change your air cleaner filter, please refer to your units Instruction Manual.
The Abatement Technologies VL2002 pleated carbon filter is UL 900 Class 2 listed.
This package ships with 6 filters.